Ted Fox and Andrya Duff host a podcast on Evi-Dance Radio featuring a discussion with DanceNL President Kristin Harris Walsh. Click the link for a 1/2 hour of talking about DanceNL and Dance in NL! (Please note: Evi-Dance program starts at 4:15 on the podcast)
Hosted by award-winning producer Ted Fox and co-hosted by choreographers, dancers and multi-disciplinary artists, Evi-Dance is a unique show entirely devoted to local, national and international dance and physical performance coverage. Evi-Dance can be heard every Sunday – podcast at www.ciut.fm
DEADLINE! NL MOVES
CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
Share your experience in dance! From January to December 2012, DanceNL will be hosting “NL Moves,” a series of workshops aimed at the general public. As an outreach event, the goal of this series is to expose people to various dance genres, increase wellness and physical activity, and support DanceNL members across the province. The deadline for Workshop Proposals is coming up NOVEMBER 15th. Here are the details:
• Workshop facilitator(s) must be DanceNL members. (Not a member? Visit the Membership link to find out how to join us).
• One workshop will be held each month (July and August excepted) in a variety of communities.
• DanceNL will pay an honorarium of $50
• DanceNL will cover room rental fee for an appropriate space up to a maximum of $50.
• Workshop facilitators can propose holding a workshop in any community.
• Funding may be available for travel to another community. If you would like to offer a workshop in a community different from your own, please include details on travel costs in your application.
• Workshop rates will be fixed by DanceNL, with a discounted rate for members.
• DanceNL will assist with promoting the workshops.
• Workshop facilitators will be highlighted on our website and in NL Moves promotional materials.
• This initiative is pending funding.
Please fill out the application form and attach a dance photo (for promotional purposes) and return it to email@example.com by November 15, 2011. Participants will be notified by December 15.
Completed application forms may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mailed to:
48 Kenmount Road
P.O. Box 28013,
St. John’s, NL, A1B 4J8
NL Moves 2012 Application
DanceNL’s Annual General Meeting was held on Friday November 4th in St. John’s with member participation from Cornerbrook via Skype. A wide range of members were present representing the amazing diversity of the Newfoundland and Labrador dance community. It was a fine evening of networking and reports on the year’s activities.
Welcome to our new board members: Judy Duff (St. John’s), Lesley Oake (Grand Falls-Windsor), Christie Pike (Corner Brook) and Mel Wellsman (St. John’s). They join Kristin Harris Walsh (St. John’s), Colleen Quigley (St. John’s), Candice Pike (Corner Brook) and Richard Stoker (St. John’s).
Many thanks to our outgoing board members Christina Penney (Secretary) and Andrew Draskoy and to Calla LaChance, Dave Gardiner and Lorna English for their valuable contributions as directors in 2011.