From September 2015 to April 2016, DanceNL will be hosting “NL Moves,” a series of workshops aimed at the general public. The goal of this series is to expose people to various dance genres, increase wellness and physical activity, and support DanceNL members across the province. We are sending out a CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS to our membership.
- Workshop facilitator(s) must be DanceNL members in good standing at the time of their workshop.
- We strive to connect workshop facilitators to new communities. DanceNL will pay an honorarium of $200 and cover venue rental.
- Workshop facilitators can propose holding a workshop in any community.
- Funding may be available for travel to another community. In the event of travel, per diem, mileage and accommodation will be provided.
- Workshop rates will be fixed by DanceNL, with a discounted rate for members.
- DanceNL will promote the workshops. Capacity to assist with promotion is an asset.
Please fill out the form (download it as PDF or Word) and attach a dance photo (for promotional purposes) and return to email@example.com no later than April 15. Participants will be notified by May 1.
St. John’s, NL
The Board of Directors of DanceNL seeks a part time Administrative Assistant, to begin work on or around April 1, 2015.
$15/hour for 10 hours/week, flexible
Duties include: support to Executive Director in all aspects of the organization, including management of programming; financial management; membership management; record management; online presence and social media. In addition, the successful applicant will participate in the institution of newly founded strategic initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working independently and reporting to a Board of Directors. Administrative experience is an asset, and no dance experience is necessary. DanceNL is not able to provide an office.
Send statements of interest, CVs outlining all relevant experience, and two references to:
Candice Pike, President
Applications due 20 March 2015.
DanceNL is Newfoundland and Labrador’s first sectoral dance association. DanceNL’s mandate is “to preserve, promote and support all forms of dance and dance activities throughout the province.” Formed in 2009, DanceNL is working towards forging connections between dance professionals and enthusiasts across Newfoundland and Labrador, generating relevant programs and initiatives and promoting and gaining recognition for the province’s rich, varied and vibrant dance scene.