DanceNL is seeking a self-starter with excellent management skills to fill a new permanent full-time role as Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for project administration, financial management, public relations, human resources, and fund raising efforts on the part of DanceNL, supported by and responsible to the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director is responsible for the general business management of DanceNL, for coordinating its various fundraising activities, and for the design and execution of its projects. Working largely independently and reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director identifies and pursues new ways to serve its membership and maintains current member services. S/he is responsible for maintaining DanceNL’s financial records and its membership database. The Executive Director is responsible for managing and maintaining communication with volunteers and with the Board of Directors.
- Manage all public relations activities and foster ongoing communication with the media, including promoting projects through press releases and social media sites;
- Coordinate DanceNL projects, including NL Moves and Dance Week activities;
- Plan and manage all funding development from both public and private sectors;
- Coordinate fundraising activities and events;
- Maintain communication with potential and current funders in the private and public sectors;
- Conduct research on private and public sector funding sources;
- Write grant applications and reports for public sector funding;
- Attend and deliver ED reports at meetings of the Board of Directors;
- Create and manage operational budgets;
- Identify and pursue possible partnerships with like-minded organizations;
- Check post office box, manage mail;
- Perform other duties as required by the Board of Directors.
- Exemplary organizational and effective interpersonal/communication skills;
- Exemplary written communication skills;
- Experience in non-profits, public relations or communications;
- Computer proficiency, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and WordPress;
- Proven experience in managerial position;
- Ability to apply successful fundraising and networking techniques;
- Outstanding organization and leadership abilities.
This is a full-time permanent position. The successful candidate will be expected to work from home. DanceNL will provide a computer and printer. Starting salary $30,000-$32,000, pending confirmation of funding.
Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm NDT Wednesday, 1 June 2016.