A native of St. John's, Newfoundland, dancer, choreographer and dance educator, Jill Dreaddy discovered her passion for dance at the age of 5. She has been actively performing, choreography and teaching since 1990. Jill is owner/artistic director of Jill Dreaddy Danceco, established since 1997, with 2 locations in the Province (CBS & St. John’s). Jill teaches Flamenco, Ballroom & Latin American, Hip Hop, Tap, Jazz, Ballet/Pointe and dance for young children. Jill joined El Viento Flamenco, a flamenco dance Company, in 1999 and performed and toured with them until they relocated to Halifax in 2001. Since then she has performed several solo flamenco performances in the City.
• Oliver! for Holy Heart High School (1998)
• Princess and the Pea for Holy Spirit High School (2000)
• Evita for Beothuck Players (2001)
• Gypsy for TaDa! Events (2007)
• Rocky Horror Picture Show for TaDa! Events (2009)
• Little Shop of Horrors for Holy Heart High School (2009)
• Alice In Wonderland for TaDa! Events (2010)
Judy Knee, a native Newfoundlander, started dancing at the age of four. At the age of thirteen she decided to make dance her career. After graduation from high school she completed her professional dance training in London, England. Judy holds teaching certification in Ballet, Modern Theatre, Tap, Scottish Country and holds the highest attainable teacher qualification (fellowship) in Ballroom and Latin American, both with the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing and the Canadian Dance Teachers Association. She was also the winner of the Ballroom Faculty Scholarship awarded by the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing, England. Judy has taught at various dance studios in London, England including the University of London for two years before returning home to open her own studio in 1976. Now Judy is celebrating over 40 years of teaching dance in Newfoundland.
• Modern Ballroom Dance Faculty
• Latin American Dance Faculty
• Cecchetti Society Classical Dance
• Modern Theatre Dance Faculty
• Tap Dance Faculty
• Scottish Country Dance Faculty
Extensive Training in Argentine Tango and Salsa